Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Beginning of the End

If you surf through my Facebook's News Feed today, you'll see the following kinds of posts:

"It's the last first day of school!"
"Last first day of college!"
"Can you believe this is the last first day of school?"

I'm thinking a lot of people are excited about it being the last first day of school, what do you think? As for me, it's the first day of student teaching. Now, I'm not in the classroom today, I just have meetings at North Greenville but I'm excited all the same. I really want to be a teacher. I really want to have my own classroom and, to do that, I have to learn and student teach for a whole semester. So, while some people might be all like "boring meetings, ugh," I'm like "yay, meetings, woo-hoo!" I can't wait to see what I'm going to learn even in these policy and procedure meetings.

Therefore, I think my Facbook status (if I hadn't already done one today) would say something like:

"First day of student teaching! Can't wait to get started!"

For some people, it's the beginning of the end. For me - it's the beginning of the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment