Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll!

Was it just yesterday that I heard all about how I needed to establish a name for myself, get something going so that I could have writing to back me up when I pitch? And not just, oh, yeah I'm working on two novels now, but something in publication. Wasn't that yesterday?

Oh, yes. It was. Shows how things can change in just one day.

Today I went to work - nothing new. Came back to school and headed to my 3 hour Recent America class - fun, fun. Anyway, we took notes on The Korean War and McCarthyism. Fun stuff. Could be worse. Anyway, then Dr. Cook starts talking about how he's asking some of his upper level students to write biographies for a book he's writing that will be PUBLISHED internationally. The biographies will be small but they will get your name in print. Should there be any pay at all, it will be minuscule. But, the plus side is that when I go to query agents, I can say I have been published in an internationally acclaimed and read book. So yay!

Ok, other piece of good news. I got a BRILLIANT idea for a new book today, and with the help of Rachel, Carrie Anne, Joanna and Audrey, it is going to be awesome!! I can't wait. It's a romance and it should be pretty stinkin' awesome. I am going to set a goal of 5 pages a day - we shall see how long that will last. Haha. Ok, I'm gonna go get started. Bye!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment